Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
codemonkey37179
x Karurie x
What can we expect with the Easter Event?
When will it begin?
WHAT IS NPC HORSE?

1. Awesomeness.
2. Shortly before Easter.
3. A Horse (one of our site characters)

Sorry for the vague answers, but we don't want to spoil the surprise.

Thanks for the response!

Greedy Fatcat

WideEyed
DARKNRGY
WideEyed
Hi Guys!
I have some questions about zOMG! again.
Sorry to be a broken record, but these are pretty important for me.
Thanks (Yes, this is indeed the list I asked last week, but seeing as the situation remains "fluid", I'm hoping you might be able to provide some updates. wink )

1. ) Has any decision been made regarding Dev time for zOMG! ? If so, how much? If not, when do you expect the decision to be made?
2. ) Has any progress been made towards glitch repair in zOMG!, or has a plan been put in place to do so?
3. ) If zOMG! glitches are being worked on, which glitches will be fixed?
4. ) Will there be a recycled Easter Event for zOMG!?
5. ) Is it possible to automate the zOMG! Server Cycling process?

I hadn't said anything about this yet because there is no new information. We have someone being set up on contract work - it takes a little while because we have to get approval and, well, he also has a full time job.

We'd be working on the bugs that interfere with game play first. I'm not familiar enough with the bugs to prioritize - that's going to be up to zomg devs.

No plans for a recycled event - again our position is that we do not have any planned development for new content.

I'm not sure about automatic cycling. If it's a rando crash and not a memory leak or something, automatically cycling wouldn't actually help. There's probably a good answer for this. I just IM'd swarf to see what he says.

Thanks very much Dark. smile
I'm hoping that fixing the early broken Quest Chains will take top priority when bug fixing finally begins.
So many potential players are getting locked up in the tutorial with Leon, or finding their very first Quest Chains with Elizabeth and Remo are broken, that I can't help but think it's causing them to lose interest early, and we all know how dependent zOMG!, and all of Gaia for that matter, is on new players constantly coming on board.
I know there's a lot of requests that the DMS bugs be given priority, and I must admit that I find them aggravating, but I'd be more than happy to wait if it meant the early Quest Chain bugs could be fixed and we get keep as many of our zOMG! Newbies as possible.

About automating the Servers...
Everybody who plays zOMG! is familiar with the lag issues that arise as Servers age.
It seems that a Server only has about two days before lag starts becoming a pretty critical issue, and my understanding has always been that the process of cycling Servers is a manual one, that actually requires "hands-on" time.
The issue always seems to be worst on Sunday nights or Holiday Mondays when the staff gets their well deserved time off.
Not being a Server Professional, but having some familiarity with automation and script writing, I would have thought that the Server Cycling process could be fully automated, and set to happen at roughly the same time every day, thereby eliminating what I have always felt to be one of zOMG!'s biggest problems when considering new usership and retention of existing users.

Also...I'm going to pretend I didn't read the answer to my question about a recycled Easter Event for zOMG!, and hope that Gaia can pull a rabbit out of their hat for us.
After all, ...rabbit...Easter?..
It seems like a match made in heaven to me. smile

Thanks for answering my questions (see you next week xp ) and thanks for keeping zOMG! at least simmering. smile

I suspect that quests will actually be first to fix based on the feedback we've been getting so far.

swarf responded - he said he's been working on setting up the scripts to do it, just needs some more dedicated time

I hate bringing news you aren't going to be happy with. Thanks for being cool about all this smile .

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Is there a chance you guys can do a bidblast with white body dye?

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
II HazelSkye II
Who of the administrators have actually played zOMG??

*Raises hand*

Sparkling Transmutator

Fractale
PuddingCow
User Image

Man that horse is everywhere.

t's creepy as ******** and I hate it

watch it's going to be related to diedrich somehow. I just know it. Ugh

It is obvious that it is going to be connected to an Adventure Time sponsor silly.
The staff will have to stretch the "plot" quite a lot for it to be related to Diedrich in any way. XD

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Lanzer

Nissa chan
When are you going to make a site-wide announcement concerning the status of zOMG development? It's not fair that a lot of users don't use the forums and so they are in the dark about it. It's been weeks now and you've yet to even release a dev alert about it.

cat_stare I share this particular sentiment. I mean, how long does it take to write up & post a simple site-wide announcement for this? cat_stressed cat_scream

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

biglanky14
No, thank you for the comments - I appreciate the feedback. All I can really say is that we're doing our best to provide a fun experience for all types of users, whether they have 80 bajillion gold or just 80. That is, we're certainly not just trying to think of ways that we can make the users who do have a lot of gold happy, and not paying attention to anyone else.

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Yay for appreciation!
Thank you for the reassurance!
I'm always scared of posting in the feedback forum
because I dislike having people say I'm bitching and moaning about being "poor".
Hell, I'm glad I have reached 1m gold, but it seems that's pocket change nowadays.
It is a bit hard to see the cash shop get a holiday bundle,
then only have 1 or 2 items for the holiday event. emo
Free items are always nice to get as well!
The last two holidays both had a bundle and had over a dozen poses to choose from,
but then the event item for the holiday only was one item with one pose.
I do find that sorta off-putting. >.<;;
I do appreciate the art of the items, but hard to appreciate something
you don't have and can't use!

╚══════════════════════════════════════╝

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Opera Phantomess
Diamond Cache
Just poking in, but I've actually received a Cache a few days ago from the Main Page. It still seems like they only grant from the main page, though. (:

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

From the way it seems, the chances of receiving either one is substantially lower than what they were beforehand. Thank you for confirming biglanky's and Lanzer's statements. I am now wondering if the increased chances of receiving the single DC components caused the Cache and Case chances to become smaller to the point where many users believe they are not in there anymore. sweatdrop

Hide your face so the world will never find you.
Jus to toss in a note, there's also been a bigger drain on these items from the Marketplace lately. You may have seen posts by the mega-rich on Gaia complaining that even they are struggling to handle Alchemy...apparently there's a group of dedicated and super-rich people that have recently been buying up every Philosopher's Cache and Alchemist's Case they can, and buying the Game Item components needed to Alchemize a ton of these items themselves...in a desperate attempt to put together the ridiculous Mt. Everest of components needed to complete ONE set of full-sized Backwings. They're having a rough time of it. So inflated demand (did that phrase even make sense...?) is going to keep making Alchemy harder at least until that group manage to complete the Backwings...if they ever do... eek

King Spirit

18,300 Points
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
Fractale
PuddingCow
User Image

User Image

I hope we get a goofy plush horse out of it. emotion_awesome

In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!
Existential Existence
[npc] horse need to post more often.

i like how he caused someone to rage at his spamming in that one thread. it was fun.

NPC horse where are you?

(...)

Bashful Kitten

25,675 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Waffles! 25
Winter Hue
Fractale
PuddingCow
User Image

It is obvious that it is going to be connected to an Adventure Time sponsor silly.
The staff will have to stretch the "plot" quite a lot for it to be related to Diedrich in any way. XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Moonlight Healer

[NPC] Horse
Existential Existence
[npc] horse need to post more often.

i like how he caused someone to rage at his spamming in that one thread. it was fun.

NPC horse where are you?

(...)

NPC horse, what are your origins?

Angelic Nitemare

Narumi Misuhara
II HazelSkye II
Who of the administrators have actually played zOMG??

*Raises hand*
And your CL?

King Spirit

18,300 Points
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
User Image

Reposting.

What's this I here of glitching hair in the salon, where the male hair is visible for female bases, but doesn't apply when bought?

Is there a plan for unisexing hair? (Sorry if this has been asked already).

In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!

Dapper Dabbler

Rosalind_of_blackwell
Hi lanzer!

this is my first participation in the ask the admin night sense it started.

i have a few things to ask you regarding site event changes and zomg

ZOMG

1. are the servers still under construction or testing, there seems to be a ton of glitches and problems when there are chance items, or events on the site itself, and i was wondering it that was normal or?

2. lagging is a problem... i have a 3.0 processor and good net and it still laggs.. long lived problem.

SITE EVENTS

ok this is going to be more of an opinion thing but, i don't understand why the events have been so... idk, they seem less fun.. i've been on gaia sense 05' the events and the items were awsome, but honestly with all the donating at Christmas, and strictly forum oriented events, i'm less inclined to partake in the event itself.

we need more flash interaction and hunts, or contests like there used to be. i'm not saying the forum dosen't deserve the spotlight but it seems sense zomg came out that the on site events have lost their luster and it makes me oh so sad.

the items are one of my big dibates tho, great idea's, love them to death, but they are made to be in wierd positions on the avitar that make it less appealing.

for example, umbrella's. your parasols are cute but they never go behind your avi when they are granted items, they go on top. things like that, like clothes that are too big, or too poofy in the wrong way, the detail put into them isn't the same...

i also miss when the events story tied into the items as well. miss that tons.

sorry for being negitive, just been really disappointed lately with some of the changes and events. :/

Hi Rosalind,

Thanks for the honest feedback - hopefully you'll like what we have coming up!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff